Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Attract followers, part of Social Media Marketing: Facebook and Twitter.
- [Voiceover] In order to achieve your goals on Twitter,…you'll need to attract followers.…The more followers, the more exposure…your messaging will have.…A follower is someone who has chosen…to receive your updates in their timeline,…and this is a main focus of businesses on Twitter.…Gaining followers is similar to getting likes on Facebook.…The difference here is that 100% of your tweets…will be delivered to the timeline of your followers…in chronological order, and you can see…how many followers you have from your Twitter profile.…Now, when you're just starting out,…it's going to take some time before you generate momentum.…
The first hundred or so followers will be very challenging,…but if you continue to distribute meaningful…and interesting content, that number will rise.…I like to call your first hundred followers…your seed followers.…They're likely going to be people you planted…or intentionally sought after.…They'll help re-amplify your message to their audience…and help you find new followers.…So to find your seed followers,…
Author Brad Batesole starts with the best uses for social media marketing, and the best platforms for each use. He shows you how to create Facebook and Twitter profiles and how to write engaging, high-quality content. He explains the unique features of each platform, such as hashtags and rich media, and discusses how to maximize your reach by adding followers and fans. Finally, he shows you how to measure the results of your efforts, using analytics, to see how well your posts and tweets are performing.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- What is social media marketing?
- Comparing Facebook and Twitter
- Creating a brand presence
- Defining your objective
- Writing tweets and using retweets
- Adding media and hashtags
- Attracting followers on different platforms
- Writing engaging Facebook posts
- Reviewing Facebook and Twitter analytics