A Facebook cover photo can be an ever-changing glimpse into the life and personality of the photo's owner. It can be completely different from a profile photo, or it can compliment it in some way so the two can work together. In this video, Staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to browse to find a cover photo, resize it to fit the large rectangular screen area, and finally how to swap it back out again.
- [Voiceover] In the last video, we added a profile picture and we added some information about ourselves, and we edited who can see that information. This one's nice and quick. Let's add a cover photo. A cover photo on Facebook is going to be one of the first things people see when they access your Facebook profile. It can be a little bit about you, a place you traveled, something you like, and it can also add some color to your profile. You can change your profile picture and your cover photo as often as you like.
To add a cover photo, on the top left-hand side of the screen, click Add Cover Photo. You can either choose from photos that you already have on Facebook, we haven't added any yet, so in this case I'm gonna choose Upload Photo. I already have a picture on my computer that I wanted to add, so I'm gonna browse my file system, select the photo, click Choose, and the image is going to be added. I can drag to reposition it, and I can also zoom in and out.
In this case, I'm going to keep it right in the center. I'll click the blue save changes button, and my profile photo has been saved. I'm going to click the X out of this dialog box. Any time I want to change my cover photo or my profile picture, I can click on the camera icon on top of each one. To choose a new cover photo, simply click Update Cover Photo. Again I can either choose from my photos, I can upload a new one, and I can also reposition or remove the one that I have existing.
I can choose upload photo to pick a new one, browse my file system, select a photo, click Choose. It's going to replace the photo I currently have, and like before, I can drag to reposition it and click the blue save changes button. Now we've added some color to our profile. I'm going to go back to the main news feed by clicking the F in the top left-hand side of the screen. As you can see, the news feed is updated with something that I've done, which is updating my cover photo.
Up next, let's start adding some friends so that we can start populating our news feed with what our friends are doing.
Plus, find out how to upload photos and video to Facebook, and get instructions for adjusting your privacy settings. Jess wraps up with tips for accessing Facebook from anywhere using your phone or tablet.
- Setting up a new Facebook account
- Adding friends
- Liking pages
- Chatting and sending private messages
- Posting status updates
- Editing and deleting posts
- Reacting to other people's posts
- Creating events
- Adjusting privacy settings
- Using the Facebook mobile app