Facebook doesn’t have any built in A/B testing tools so if you are running larger scale campaigns, you may want to look into partnering with a Facebook Marketing partner in order to gain access to a more robust set of testing tools. But there is a way you can still run these tests yourself in the Facebook advertising platform and we will run through how to do that.
- [Voiceover] Facebook doesn't have any…built in A/B testing tools.…So if you're running larger scale campaigns…you may want to look into partnering…with a Facebook Marketing Partner,…in order to gain access to…a more robust set of testing tools.…But there is a way you can still run these tests yourself…in the Facebook advertising platform…and we'll run through how to do just that.…A quick overview,…A/B testing is the ideal methodology…for optimizing campaigns.…The idea is simple,…you take one advertisement…and compare it to a second advertisement.…
For the cleanest tests, you'll stick to changing…just one element.…Perhaps it's a Call To Action,…the Visual Image or the Ad Headline.…Your goal is to receive equivalent impressions…to an equivalent audience,…without the audience inadvertently seeing both ads.…This is what we call a Clean Test.…It's controlled, and you'll be able to…easily measure the results.…At the end of the test, you review the metrics…and determine if there's a statistical significance.…That's to say that you can safely assume…
The course also covers conversion tracking with the Facebook pixel, and retargeting users who have previously interacted with your brand's page or website. Plus, learn how to use the Power Editor to quickly duplicate ads with different targeting or imagery, and move ads between accounts. And last but not least, Megan reveals tips for mimicking A/B testing of ads and generating more leads.
If you need a Facebook advertising refresher before diving into these advanced tactics, check out Facebook Advertising Fundamentals.
- Using the Power Editor
- Managing ads and campaigns in bulk
- Bulk uploading ad images
- Managing pages
- Creating custom audiences
- Duplicating ads
- Using conversion pixels
- Setting up roles and permissions in Facebook Business Manager
- Retargeting ads
- Conducting A/B tests on Facebook ads
- Generating leads with Facebook ads