In this video, explore some popular support blocks often seen inside FPGAs.
- [Instructor] Aside from logic block and interconnects … there are many more important elements in an FPGA. … We'll take a quick look at I/O blocks, clock management … blocks, memory blocks, and hard I/P cores. … Input/Output blocks are always included in FPGAs … because integrated circuits work with very low powers, … voltages and currents internally. … However, the outside world usually works … with higher powers. … That's why I/O blocks contain line drivers to provide … power to the outputs, and line receivers to condition … the incoming signals to the lower internal power levels. … I/O blocks also contain protection devices to avoid … damage from external conditions, … such as electrostatic discharges. … Output pins can sometimes customize other perameters … like strength or speed of the outgoing signal. … Clock management blocks are usually provided … in FPGAs because virtually all useful systems … are sequential, and thus require a clock signal. … External oscillators are almost always required. …
- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardwarewith Zahraa Khalil1h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 9s
1. Field Programmable Gate Arrays
2. Embedded Development Process
3. Hardware Description Languages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.