- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Eduardo] Customizable hardware at a low cost. That's right. I said it. And guess what? I can show you how to do it. Long gone are the days of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on designing a custom integrated circuit. Now, with a bit of code and some engineering savvy, you can create any digital system of your own for less than a hundred bucks. What do I mean by a digital system? Any useful electronic device, most of which we use every day. So how can you go about doing this? Well this is where I can help. My name is Eduardo Corpeno and I teach about FPGAs at the university level. In this course, I'll introduce you to the process of creating your own FPGA applications. You'll learn about the special languages used for describing your hardware, then we'll go through some simulation and implementation tools. Finally, you'll get to see a real application working on two different competing development boards. All right, what are you waiting for? Let's do this!