Get to know the workforce inside FPGAs. Logic blocks contain the digital elements that can implement your system.
- [Presenter] There are many basic elements inside FPGAs … that make it possible to provide the arbitrary functionality … we want. Here are the most basic of these elements. First we … have logic blocks, which contain the logic elements that … finally implement your design. These include digital devices … like lookup tables, flip-flops and multiplexers. Next we … have the inter-connect block, which is an enormous network … of switches that route the logic elements to connect them as … your design requires. I/O blocks contain the circuitry for … input and output things in the integrated circuit. Most … FPGAs contain memory blocks to implement large arrays, and … also a clock management block to implement sequential … systems. Now, let's take a closer look into logic blocks. … Once again, this is where you'll find the elements that … implement your design. These are also known as configurable … logic blocks or CLB's. Each logic block contains a number of … logic cells which are smaller groups of basic logic …
- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardwarewith Zahraa Khalil1h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 9s
1. Field Programmable Gate Arrays
2. Embedded Development Process
3. Hardware Description Languages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.