Learn about the FPGA market size and what kind of devices use them. Here's a hint: they're everywhere!
- [Instructor] If you search online … for FPGA areas of application, … you'll see that the list is very long and very similar … to the list of microcontroller applications. … FPGAs are used for automotive applications, … consumer electronics, medical devices, … and the list goes on and on. … With so many applications, it makes sense … why there are so many microcontroller manufacturers. … However, about 90% of the FPGA market … is supplied by two manufacturers. … One of them is Xilinx, which is the company … that invented FPGAs as an evolution to gate arrays, … and the other one is Altera, … which is Xilinx's all-time competitor. … This company was acquired by Intel in 2015. … The remaining 10% is shared by the rest of manufacturers, … like Lattice, Microsemi, and QuickLogic, to name a few. … …
- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardwarewith Zahraa Khalil1h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 9s
1. Field Programmable Gate Arrays
2. Embedded Development Process
3. Hardware Description Languages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.