Learn about the software tools that can help you develop your hardware solutions.
- Just like the case of IDEs for software develepment, … there are a special tools for hardware development, … called electronic design automation, or EDA tools. … These developing tools usually contain … a schematic capture application and HDL code editor, … a simulator and debugger, … printed circuit design tools, … and even software development tools … for the onboard microcontrollers … or soft processors in FBGAs. … Intel's EDA tool is called Quartus Prime. … In this course, we'll see the light edition … of Quartus Prime which can be downloaded for free … at Intel's website, … and does not require a license. … In the download page, you get to choose … the supported devices. … Remember that we'll use the DE0-CV board, … which contains a cyclone 5 FBGA. … We'll also use the ModelSim simulator, … which is part of Quartus Prime. … The Vivado Suite is Xilinx's EDA tool. … There is a free license download for Vivado, … called the Webpack. … It comes with everything you need to develop an application …
- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardwarewith Zahraa Khalil1h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 9s
1. Field Programmable Gate Arrays
2. Embedded Development Process
3. Hardware Description Languages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.