Review the requirements and limitations of the DE0-CV board to implement your design.
- [Narrator] If you look at the system we want to implement, … you'll notice that we want to have enough buttons … to operate the A and B inputs … and we want all of the four digits … to show on the displays at all times. … Luckily for us, … this is possible in the Intel Board … because it has 10 digital input switches … and six independent seven segment displays. … That means that 42 pins of the FPGA … are connected to the display array. … This doesn't look very efficient … in terms of pin usage, … but that's the way this board was designed. … We will take advantage of this … by making a combinational system, … because we don't really need that clock signal. … If you take a look at the DEO-CV board manual, … you'll see that each digit has it's seven anodes … connected to an array named HEX zero through five … and it's individual bits represent … each segment in the order shown. … The following table shows all 42 pin assignments … for these six digits in the display. … That's a lot of pins. …
- What is an FPGA?
- FPGA use cases
- Logic blocks and interconnects
- The FPGA development process
- Reviewing the hardware description languages
- Running FPGA simulations
- Implementing an FPGA design
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardwarewith Zahraa Khalil1h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 9s
1. Field Programmable Gate Arrays
2. Embedded Development Process
3. Hardware Description Languages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.