Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of FM8: Frequency Modulation.
- I've designed this course assuming a working knowledge of synthesizers. But if you need a refresher, check out "Synth Programming Basics" with Scott Hirsch. Also, we're going to go deep in this course, so if you want to dip your toe in and ease into things a little bit, check out "Up and Running With FM8" with J. Scott G. Also, you can use FM8 with your DAW of choice. However, I'll be using Logic and Ableton Live. So if you need a refresher, check out the Essential Training courses on either of those DAWs.
- What is frequency modulation?
- Reviewing the FM8 routing matrix
- Harmonics, partials, and waveforms
- Using operators
- Percussion programming
- Programming with the Arpeggiator
Skill Level Intermediate
EDM Production Techniques: Basslineswith J. Scott Giaquinta1h 52m Intermediate
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Frequency Modulation with FM8
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.