Get up and running with FM8, the next gen FM synthesizer from Native Instruments.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Evan Sutton and welcome to Frequency Modulation with FM8. FM8 is a next generation frequency modulation synthesizer that has a great interface and flexible routing for creating clangy and textured sounds. In this course, I'll walk you through the basics of frequency modulating synthesis. We'll talk about the tools involved and dig into the routing matrix, which is where all the magic happens. I'll also walk you through developing different groups of harmonic partials and overtones, while using the different wave forms that FM8 has to offer.
We'll build both realistic sounds and explore some new sonic avenues. In addition we'll so some percussion programming and build complex sounds using multiple operators using our modulation matrix. (electronic music) FM8 also has a great built in arpeggiator, which we'll use to create some interesting rhythmic sounds and we'll also use the morphing technology for excellent hands on control. (electronic music) So buckle up, let's dig in to Frequency Modulation with FM8. (electronic music)
- What is frequency modulation?
- Reviewing the FM8 routing matrix
- Harmonics, partials, and waveforms
- Using operators
- Percussion programming
- Programming with the Arpeggiator