Get started making music with the popular one-stop shop for music production, FL Studio.
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to Up and Running with FL Studio. In this course, I'm gonna cover the basic knowledge and skills you'll need to have under your belt in order to use this incredibly powerful digital audio workstation. We'll start with a tour of the FL Studio interface to get our bearings, and I'll show you how to show and hide the tools and windows you'll be using throughout this course. From there, we'll follow through the path of a common workflow by starting with the step sequencer and channel window where I'll show you how to create patterns by programming beats and recording mini keyboard performances.
Then we'll combine our patterns together in the playlist window and begin to edit and assemble them into a song. And once we have the sections of a song combined together, we'll move to the mixer to record a live performance, as well as to apply effects to our tracks. And we'll wrap up with a look at some of the most commonly used effects and how to apply them in FL Studio. By the end of this short course, you should have the information necessary to start creating and editing your own projects. So, let's get started with Up and Running with FL Studio. (upbeat music)
- Creating a new FL Studio project
- Using the Piano roll
- Creating a beat
- Recording and editing a MIDI track
- Combining patterns
- Editing audio clips
- Routing and recording with the Mixer
- Inserting plugins
- Adding compression, EQ, and delay