Review how to interpret type signatures. Learn how to apply the concept of type signatures in defining the general workflow of a program.
- [Instructor] You now know enough F Sharp to take on…a real challenge, and so we're going to introduce…the challenge which will form the exercise for…the whole of the rest of this course,…and it's a really nice exercise.…What we're going to do is try and write a Twitter bot…which takes an incoming Tweet, and that incoming Tweet…will be the ticker of a particular stock price…like MSFT for Microsoft, and a start date,…and an end date, and that bot is going to reply to that Tweet…with a summary of the fate of that stock price…over the time involved.…
So we're going to give a high, and when the high occurred,…we're going to give a low, and when the low occurred,…and we're going to give an overall loss or gain…over the time period.…So that's a pretty cool thing to do,…and I guarantee you, by the end of that course,…we'll have something working beautifully…that does exactly that.…But as with all these things,…that's quite a daunting challenge,…so how do we break that up?…Well the way I like to break things up…when I'm dealing with F Sharp…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.