Learn about the importance of Visual F# Power Tools and NCrunch. Install and configure them in Visual Studio.
- [Narrator] So let's get started…with developing our Twitter bot.…Before you start, I want you to install…a couple of tools which are going to…make your life a lot easier.…The first of them is Visual F# Power Tools…and if you're in a Visual Studio environment…you shouldn't even consider doing F# development…without having installed these.…They're free, they're a community thing,…and they're very high quality.…And the second thing is NCrunch,…that's a commercial thing.…It's slightly more a matter of taste, that one.…You can use whatever test runner…is to your preference, but it's…a particularly nice visual one…so for video recording, I'm going to use that one.…
So let's go ahead and install those two things.…I'm here in Visual Studio, I've got no project open.…I'm going to go into Tools, Extensions and Updates.…I'm going to go into Online tab.…And we're searching for Visual F# Power…and there we go, Visual F# Power Tools.…Download and you get switched to a help file online.…You can simply go back to Visual Studio…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.