Find how to write F# script (.fsx) files. Use script files to exercise the code you have written so far in F# Interactive (fsi.exe).
- [Lecturer] Now, if you're anything like me,…there's nothing you like more, having written some code…than to try it out as soon as possible.…I just don't have the discipline to wait till…it's a whole working system.…And in previous modules, we've been getting away…with just sending various bits of stuff to F# Interactive…but at this side of the project that's actually…going to get quite erroneous, there's fair number…of dependencies to send in there…so you'd have to sit there while I send this and that…to F# Interactive.…Luckily, Visual Studio and F# offer…a really great alternative to that…and that is, FSX or F# Script Files.…
So what I'm going to do, right click on the References…in analytics and I'm going to say,…Generate References for F# Interactive…and that by the way, is a feature given…to you by the Visual F# Power Tools.…So if you didn't believe me…and you didn't install Visual F# Power Tools,…you need to go and do that now…or you're not going to get this.…And that's created a Script folder…with a couple of scripts in.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.