Add code to your bot to allow it to connect to Twitter using the BoxKite Nuget package, together with the credentials you created in the apps console.
- [Instructor] So how do we read and use that…credentials information, well it's fairly simple,…more pasted code, we'll just assign a credentials…path value and we'll make ourselves a private function…called get credentials, actually that could probably…be private as well.…We are going to do a file read all text of that…credentials and then we're going to do a JsonConvert,…that's provided by the Newton Soft stuff we knew get it in,…using Twitter credentials as the generic parameter,…and Twitter credentials is something if you look at…the bottom of that hint you'll see it comes from Box Kite…so that is a structure that Box Kite provides to hold…your credentials and we're also providing credentials…or creds string as an argument to the deserialize object…function and at the end of the day that means that creds…is a Twitter credentials instance,…and we can pipe that straight in to choice.succeed,…if there's an exception as usual we do a choice.fail,…give a useful error message and in fact there we're going to…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.