Learn how to use F# collection functions to summarize the Quandl.com data and map it into an instance of the summary type.
- [Instructor] How do we actually generate that summary?…Well, we're going to make a function called Summarize.…It's going to take a prices object.…And let's just take it field by field.…We want a high, so we can say, let high equals,…and in the prices object, we've got the actual prices.…There, and that's an array, we can prove that…by hovering over it, yeah, it's a price array.…
And we can use some built-in functionality…in the array module.…Very conveniently, there's a maxBy function.…By the way, it wasn't visible earlier,…but you will need module stopchartbot.analytics…at the start of this source file which can take…an array and give you whatever element produces…the biggest value when a certain function is applied…to that element.…So, maxBy, and a lambda, if price and we want…the price that's biggest at the closing point,…so p.Close.…
Then we can do something very similar for low.…The only difference being, guess what, minBy.…What's the opening price?…Well, it's simply the zeroth element of the prices array.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.