See one possible approach to verifying that a requested ticker symbol exists in the Quandl.com stocks database, using the WebClient and ZipArchive .NET classes.
(swoosh)…- [Instructor] So remember the challenge here,…was to make the bot a bit more robust,…by allowing it to check,…that the particular ticker actually exists…in the Quandl database,…and producing some kind of useful error message…back to the user if they ask for a ticker…that we just simply don't know about.…And I also gave you your starting clue,…which is that if you go to this URL here,…Quandl will give you a zip file…listing all the supported tickers.…Let's go ahead and open that.…
The zip archive.…With one file,…and we can make some observations about that file.…Well, it's clearly a CSV.…Column A contains a list of tickers,…but they're orchestrated slightly by the fact…we've got the word WIKI/ in front of it,…so we're going to have to deal with that.…We'll also observe that there's no header on there,…so if we're going to read this…with something like the CSV provider,…we will need to do something about that fact.…Let's see if we can make a set of supported tickers.…
We might as well call it tickers.…Whenever you're wanting to get something from the internet,…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.