Learn how to refactor and extend your unit tests for additional functionality and coverage.
- [Instructor] Now, if you're an experienced programmer,…you'll be yelling at the screen now,…because, of course, I haven't done anything to make sure…that we actually got four elements in that array.…So if we send in things that don't parse into four elements,…we're definitely going to have errors.…But we're going to cover that in more tests.…Okay so we can go ahead and delete that comment.…We need to do a bit of refactoring already.…Because this test is a bit specific,…it only really works for one string.…In theory, I could have hard-wired the values…for these and simply returned those exact dates…and that test would have passed.…
And in a very strict TDD view of the world,…that's what I would have done.…So let's assume that I'm being a bit strict…and I'm going to send some other values through.…We're going to need to do some refactoring.…Let's exploit Nunit's way of producing test cases,…which is with the TestFixture attribute.…And we can move that whole string to there.…Which means this will need to take one argument.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.