Learn how to define, instantiate, and modify record types. Learn how to create arrays.
- [Lecturer] Another nice feature of FSharp…is its ability to declare records.…And a record is simply a grouping of values,…a little bit like a tuple,…except the individual values within the record get labels.…So here, we're declaring a type called ScreenItem…and every ScreenItem has a Shape,…so that's referring back to the Shape class we did before.…It has an X and a Y position,…and maybe we want to record when the Shape was created.…You'll notice, by the way,…we're starting to use curly bracket.…
That is not, in any way,…part of the, kind of, line scoping of FSharp.…So, you'll notice in these statements here…that we're using indentation…to form the kind of scope of different blocks of code.…Here, the curly brackets are specifically part of…the record syntax, they will tell you…that you're dealing with a record.…So, don't think that this is like…the curly brackets in C Sharp…which you use to define scope.…Anyway, we can sent this to F# Interactive,…and then here, we can start using that code.…
So, again, the curly brackets tell F Sharp,…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.