Review the development of your bot so far. Catch up with some small code improvements made in preparation for the next chapter.
- [Speaker] In this module,…we're going to allow our bot…to actually get some real data…from the Internet to…summarize and produce a chart of.…But, before we dive into that code,…let's just have a quick recap…of what we've done so far.…I've actually slightly tidied up the code…from what we ended up with,…just so it's really presentable.…I've moved that choice type,…that result type, into it's own project.…That project is called, Common,…and it's in a module called, StockChartBot.Rop.…Rop stands for…railway-oriented programming.…
And, it's something we'll talk about…a lot more towards the end,…but it's essentially the concept…that all functions should return a success,…or a failure explicitly,…rather than throwing an exception.…The other thing you'll notice…that I've done,…is that I've made…that type completely generic.…So, if we look here,…both the Success payload…and the Failure payload…are both generic types,…so our success could be,…let's say a query…of when we're doing the pausing,…or a data set when…we've done the work in this module.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.