Learn how the R statistical programming language and its ggplot2 library can be used to produce attractive data visualizations.
- [Instructor] So now we've got a way of textually…summarizing our stock price data,…but we also promised ourselves we were going to do…a visual summary.…Data visualization is obviously very much the rage,…and we should probably join in with that.…Now, when it comes to graphics from .NET,…you've got lots of options, each with their own tradeoffs.…One of the most compelling is a statistical visualization…package called GGPlot2, and as you can see,…if you Google for GGPlot2 images,…you can do some really spectacular stuff.…Now, I should say, we're not going to do anything…quite that spectacular, but we are going to…lay the groundwork for that.…
GGPlot2 is part of the R statistical programming ecosystem.…So how on earth are we going to reach out into…that ecosystem from F Sharp?…A slightly surprising answer is via another type provider.…We're going to need to do some setup first.…Firstly, we're going to need to install R itself,…and if you Google for install R Windows,…you come to this page here, and you simply want to do…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.