Learn how to simplify testing of your charting function by building a simple test harness to visualize randomly generated stock price data.
- [Instructor] So how are we going to try…our lovely graphics visualize route?…Well I suppose we could use FSX scripts for this…but I'm going to show you an alternative way,…which is simply to add a new command line project.…Console Application.…I'm going to call this VisualisationHarness.…I'm going to add a reference to Data…and Common and Visualisation.…
And I'm also going to make sure that in Build…we've turned off Prefer 32-bit.…And the reason I'm doing that is…because I know that we're going to finally deploy…this onto an Azure VM.…And that Azure VM will only have the 64-bit version…of R installed.…So I'm going to full stall on the issues caused by that…by making sure that all our command line projects…have Prefer 32-bit turned off.…So that's the Harness one.…Let's do the main one as well, while we're about it.…
Not that one, this one.…There we go.…And we're going to paste some code into the Program.fs…of our VisualisationHarness.…So we're just opening some name spaces there.…And we have a function here,…which generates some random prices.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.