Learn how Quandl.com can provide stock price data for a specified ticker symbol and date range.
- [Narrator] So with that part of the code in place,…we start to think seriously about where…we're going to get some data for our bot to use…to reply to the requests.…And luckily we've got this excellent resource…called quandl.com which contains a wealth…of financial data, some of it open…so you can simply get it without any payments,…some of it commercially available.…So that's a really nice source of data in this arena.…And just to preview that slightly,…I'm going to go quandl.com.…I'm going to go to the database control,…look at stock data.…
I'm going to be United States…just for simplicity,…end of day stock prices,…and you'll see that there's a mixture…of premium, in other words commercially available,…and free datasets.…And there's a very nice end-of-day stock prices dataset…for all sorts of household names.…So how do we get at that data in a programmatic way?…Well, the starting point is to look…at a URL you can use to go and get the data…kind of semi-manually.…And if you look at their API,…you'll see that what you need to do…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.