Learn how to link functions together into simple processing pipelines using the forward pipe operator.
- [Instructor] Now let's imagine that those ScreenItems…were part of a graphics program,…so part of the system to present values on a screen.…And maybe you only want to pick out values…which were created since a certain date and time.…This is how you would do it.…You'd declare yourself a function…called ScreenItemsCreatedSince.…Obviously you'd need to provide a value for the since time.…And you'd need to provide…an actual list of items…that you're going to sort through.…
And the way you actually achieve this…is you take the incoming items…and you call the Array.filter function.…Array is just a module of useful functions,…which you can use to do things to arrays.…And this, if you're fluent with F#, is a lambda function.…So we're declaring a function on the fly.…That function takes a single argument,…which we're going to call item.…And then the body of the function, simply returns true…if it's CreatedAt date was later than the since,…which comes in as a parameter value here.…
And let's say also we want to sort these…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.