Learn how to use an F# record type to model a summary of the stock data downloaded from Quandl.com.
- [Narrator] So now we're more than halfway…to producing our lovely bot.…The next thing to do is to summarize…the strongly type data we got from Quandl…in the previous section and produce…a textural summary and later on a visual summary…of the stock price history.…To do the textural summary I'm going…to add another project,…this is going to be another library called analytics.…
I'm going to paste in a bunch of code…and just explain it to you…and we will need to add references too, common, and data.…You're use to this pattern by now.…We've got a type that's a record.…The summary's going to need to know…what ticker it's for, it's going to need…to know the price high and the price low…and the overall gain or loss in value over the period…and the only novel thing here…is we're going to override the ToString method…of the class to produce a nice string…representation of the summary.…
So that's simply going to be a full-matted string…and the way you generate a full-matted string…is very much like print F, except it's S print F.…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.