Learn how to create a Twitter "app" using Twitter's apps console. Use the console to create credentials.
- [Instructor] And you're probly wondering by now…when we're actually going to hook this bot up to Twitter…and actually make it a bot.…And the answer is right now.…Let's add yes another project.…Call this Twitter.…There's going to be a library…and we're going to add a couple of references…to our analytics and our common libraries…we wrote earlier.…And we'll also go to NuGet a couple of packages.…
Those packages firstly are good old newtonsoft.jason…which if you've spent any time…around the Csharp.net infrastructure ecosystem…you'll be very familiar with.…There we go.…And that's just a package which allows us to serialize…and de-serialize jason objects really easily,…which is something we're going to need to do a little bit of…but more importantly, we're going to want a thing called,…boxkite, which simply simplifies the access…to the Twitter API.…
So we don't have to treat that as a bunch of URL requests.…We can actual do function calls and use methods…and that kind of thing.…They describe it as a C sharp library,…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.