Challenge: Extend your project so that it can verify that a requested ticker symbol exists in the Quandl.com stocks database.
(celestial sound)…- We don't currently check that the ticker the user…asks for exists in the quantal free database of U.S. stocks.…How to amend the data module so the check is made…that the ticker exists.…To get started, note that hitting this URL will download…a ZIP file containing a list of available tickers.…You'll need to read and un-compress this stream using…System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.…Then you'll need to open the stream using the CsvProvider…except this time there's no header…and you'll need to specify the column names like this.…
Note that the sequence could be converted into a set using…set.OC and you can then use the sets contains method to see…if something exist in the set.…Finally, you'll need to use all that to create a failure…if the requested ticker isn't in the list.…This is a hard challenge specific on your experience level…expect to spend an hour or so on this one.…And unless you're very familiar with .NET streams…of compression expect to do some online research.…Also, don't spend too much time struggling with this…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.