Learn how to call your reply function from the main function of your bot project, using the railway-oriented programming style.
- [Instructor] And then, the very final step…in coding terms, is to actually call something…in our main function.…And, this is it.…We're going to do a GetSession…which again is the function we wrote…to read credentials and…to establish a connection with Twitter.…And, if that succeeds, and you'll recognize that…from Choice.either, if that succeeds,…we are going to call Twitter.Monitor.…Which again, we wrote in a previous video,…providing the session is an argument…and providing a reference to this function…as a second argument.…
So, essentially what we're saying there…is listen to the tweet stream,…and every time you get a tweet that meets the criteria,…call this function.…And, provide into this function,…the session we're dealing with…and the tweet that came in.…And then we're going to provide a little bit of feedback…to the user saying the bot is running.…This is the failure branch from Choice.either.…And in that case, really, we can't do much apart…from putting a message on the console.…And that will be because we can't connect…
- Defining values and calling functions in F#
- Defining and identifying discriminated unions
- Working with if-else expressions
- Writing unit test
- Using type providers to access data
- Analyzing data with collection functions
- Plotting data using the R type provider
- Using railway-oriented programming to handle errors
- Integrating with Twitter
- Deploying an F# application to Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editorswith Walt Ritscher3h 25m Intermediate
1. Get Started with F#
2. Build a Simple Parser with Unit Testing
3. Use F# CSV Type Provider to Get Data
4. Analyze Data with F# Collection Functions
5. Use RStats Provider and ggplot2 to Plot Data
6. Use BoxKite with Twitter
7. Deploy a Working Bot
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.