Learn about handling onSubmit events, React refs object to work with the DOM API, and how to consume a POST API in React.
- [Instructor] We're ready to wire the proposed…the new name form in the UI to the API that we just created.…This API expects a contest ID which we're going…to read from the _ID property in the current contest…and the new name value which we're going…to read from the input in here.…So right now this form does not do anything…because it's not wired.…It actually did something it submitted…because that's the default behavior of a forum.…So let's take a look at our contest component…because this is where we have the form…and let me put these on multiple lines…to make them more readable.…
So we have an input, we have a button here,…and this button is a submit button.…So to start working with a form we need a handler.…So we can actually handle an all in click event…on here but since this is a submit button already…let's handle an on submit event on the form itself.…So on submit we're going to do an event handler,…let's call this event handler handleSubmit.…Names are hard, huh?…That's probably the laziest name you can use.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.