Learn about MongoDB and how to load test data into it and test that everything worked correctly. Learn about changing the API to read data from MongoDB.
- [Instructor] Let's work with a real database.…You're going to need to install MongoDB for your platform.…In the download center you should see…downloadable for all major platforms.…On Mac I find it a lot easier to install…Mongo with Home Brew so this is what I did on my machine.…So once you install it make sure that…the MongoD is running and make sure you can…access Mongo with the Mongo command.…The default database is test.…To load some data into Mongo I prepared…a loadtestdata.js and I configured it…to load into this test database.…
To get this script and the configuration…I've tagged this point in the code as v7.1-begin.…Added the MongoDB uri configuration which…points to the default test database…and the load test data script.…Remember that in package.json we already…have the MongoDB dependency installed.…So all we need to do to run this load test…data script is to run it with babel-node loadTestData.…And you should see four contests and six names.…
So this load test data inserts constants information…and also inserts name relations.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.