Learn about navigating back to a list of contests from a single contest page and how to update the state to account for that.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Let's implement the navigation…back to a list of contests.…When we are on a contest view here,…there's no way in the UI to go back.…So let's add a link here to navigate…back to the list of contests.…This link should work both as a history step…or when we refresh this page…and we want to go to a list of contests here,…it will need to fetch the list of contests…from the API and display them.…So let's start simple.…In the contest component I'm going to put this description…in its own div, let's call this contest description…and I'll place this description in that div.…
And I'm going to introduce a new div,…let's make the class of this div home link…and it's also going to be a link.…And in here I'll simply make this contest list link.…Now it's a link but let's give it some styles,…so in the styles sass file let's do the home link,…let's give it a margin top, one em.…Now let's also give it a color that is bluish,…let's take a look, looking good.…So in the contest component we want to define…an on click handler for this contest list link.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
Up and Running with ECMAScript 6with Eve Porcello1h 18m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.