Learn about the HTML5 history API and how we can use it to do simple browser routing with React. Learn about pushState to control the URL in the browser.
- [Teacher] Let's use the native…browser's history to navigate to a contest.…I'll be using the HTML5 history API here.…This is decently supported on most modern browsers,…but if you do need to support other browsers,…you can use a library that does…a fall-back to older browsers syntax…when it doesn't detect the history API.…I am also going to do a very simple…routing without a library.…I'm going to do this so that you get…to understand the mechanics behind the routing…and how it relates to server-side routing…and server rendering in general.…
And the other reason, we only have…one route in our application.…We actually have two.…We're going to go to a contest,…and we can go back to a list of contests.…So it's going to be simple enough…for us to just use the history API directly.…If you have complicated routing,…the react router library is really good…and it gives you a declarative way…of defining your routes,…but we're going to just use the history API.…However, I'm going to put the history API…in a function here.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.