Join Alexander Zanfir for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Mongo, part of MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniques.
- [Voiceover] Let's begin our look at Mongo…by heading over to MongoDB.com.…Next we'll select the download button from the top right…and now let's scroll down to the download page.…Under the community server tab, you should see…the Windows version but feel free to select…any version for the OS that you're using.…I'll need the default of Windows Server 2008 R2 and later,…since it supports all later versions…of Windows including Windows 10.…Next I'll download the .msi.…
Now let's go ahead and run through the installer.…I'll leave the default options and I'll select complete…and I'll hit install.…Next let's open up our command prompt once again…and we'll need to go to the location…of where MongoDB was installed.…It's default location is in Program Files.…And we'll need to make our way to the bin folder…to get access to the executables.…And now finally we can see all the executables.…
To run our Mongo server we'll type in: mongod.…If you do happen to get this error,…that means we need to create our data directory.…
- Installing and setting up your MEAN toolset
- Making an Angular post form
- Sending posts
- Displaying messages
- Creating a registration form
- Saving users
- Associating users with posts
- Authenticating users at login
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Message Posting
3. Display Messages
Save a user with Mongo13m 26s
5. Logging In
Next steps2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.