Learn about Node's HTTP and HTTPS modules and how they can be used as both clients and servers, how to read data from the web, and how to set up a simple web server.
- [Instructor] I find it useful to understand…Notes http module itself before using Express.…Express is really a wrapper around the Node…core http module.…The http modules in Node can actually be used…as both client and a server.…We bring them in by importing http or https.…These are core modules so we do not need…to mpm install them.…Let me first show you how we can…use these modules as clients.…We can use the request method or if we're…just doing a get request we can use the get method.…
For example let's read the content of linda.com.…We do https.getlinda.com.…We're using https here because the url is https.…If the url was http you would use the http module instead…and the call back for this get…method receives a response stream.…We can read methods like statusCode on this stream…and we can listen for data events on that stream.…Every event will give us a chunk buffer…so we can read its content with a twoString call.…To test this we can babel-node the file…and let's pipe the output unless to paginate it…because it's going to be big.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.