Learn about the _id built-in MongoDB property, the ObjectID function, and how to update any amount of data with a Node script.
- [Instructor] In the original script that we used…to load the data,…we used our own ID's to identify objects…and also to define the relations.…So far, we've been using this ID everywhere in the UI,…and I chose to use these simple ID's…to keep things simple at first.…However, as we're starting to get ready…to insert some new data to the database,…we should probably back out from using manual ID's…and use the automatic ID's in MongoDB.…The automatic ID's in MongoDB,…let's take a look at our data,…we can find all the names…with db.names.find all,…and you'll notice there's an automatic _id field…that gets created for every record.…
And this _id is a special field.…So for example, if you want to find something…with an ID like that,…very simple, right.…But if you want to find something with an _id,…then you can't just use the string.…You'll have to use the full ObjectId call,…just like that.…These ObjectId's have nice properties.…We can actually generate them client-side and supply them,…but if we don't supply them during an insert operation,…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.