Learn about the Express.js framework, how to create a web server, define different routes, serve static files, and create the express Router function.
- [Instructor] Let's do the equivalent of what we did…with the HTTP module, but with Express instead.…We first need to import Express,…and to create a server with Express,…we just invoke the imported Express variable as a function.…If you read the source code of the Express package,…you'll find out that the default export there…is just a function,…similar to the HTTP module.…We also do a .listen method on the Express server.…I'll read the port from the configuration file this time.…
We just import config…and use config.port in the listen call.…The second argument to the Express listen…is the success handler, which is just a function.…So let's output a line that the Express server…is listening on the configured port.…Instead of listening to a single request event,…an Express server also handles server side routing for us.…So it exposes an API to listen to certain routes.…We do a server.get,…specify the route we're interested in…as the first argument,…which is the route / in this case,…and the second argument to this .get call…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.