Join Alexander Zanfir for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a message list query with Mongo, part of MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniques.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we will modify our…Mongo message save code so that it uses Mongoose…instead of the MongoDB driver.…We will then create the function…in order to get a list of all the message posts…we have in our Mongo message collection.…Since we covered the official MongoDB driver…package for node, let's take a look…at how to use Mongoose.…A third party Mongo package that's built on top…of the official package.…To begin with, let's install Mongoose with NPM.…And we'll use the save command.…
Once it's installed, let's go ahead and start replacing…the MongoDB driver code with Mongoose.…Let's first require it in.…So I'll replace this…with Mongoose.…And require in Mongoose as well.…Next, let's go down the connect and fix that.…And it's connect function is called connect as well,…so we don't have to really change that too much.…Next, in order to save and retrieve messages with Mongoose,…we need to create the schema and the model.…
- Installing and setting up your MEAN toolset
- Making an Angular post form
- Sending posts
- Displaying messages
- Creating a registration form
- Saving users
- Associating users with posts
- Authenticating users at login
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Message Posting
3. Display Messages
Save a user with Mongo13m 26s
5. Logging In
Next steps2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.