Learn about how to do a big replace in the code base and how to test that everything is working. Learn about handling bad requests.
- [Teacher] We want to update our UI now to use the…_id field instead of the manual ID we've been using.…There are three main areas that we need to change.…We need to change the server API, we need to change…the React components themselves, and we want to make…sure the serverRender is also working correctly.…So if the strategy is to just go over all the code,…we're okay here because we don't have a lot of code.…But if you do have a lot of code and you want to do a change…of this magnitude, I would recommend to grep in the source…control for things that potentially need to change.…For example, we can simply grep, and always…use git grep because that will grep just in the…source code and not in any generated logs or…ignored files, and we want to grep for .id, but we…have to escape the . here, let's take a look at that.…
So all of these cases, except for the last one…'cause this is just a script, but all of these…cases are actually cases that need to be changed.…So this is a good list.…Another thing that might need to change is whenever we…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
Up and Running with ECMAScript 6with Eve Porcello1h 18m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.