Think about some problems and edge cases that we need to deal with in the UI and what to do with a big list of names.
- [Samer] I'm going to leave you with a few challenges…to think about and try to implement on your own.…First challenge, what do you want the UI to do…to handle an empty case here?…If I try to submit a name that has no value,…let's see what the UI does now.…It actually inserts an empty name.…And not only that, it actually persisted this empty name.…So this was probably not what we want to do.…Think about how to solve this problem.…Do you want to solve it on the API end,…or do you want to just solve it from the UI?…Or should we solve it on both?…The second challenge, what do you want the UI to do…if the server responds with an error?…Right now, we get an error in the console.…
The name input is cleared and the input is basically lost.…Let's assume the error is gone now.…It was just a network error.…Since the user didn't get any feedback on this problem,…they'll probably try to add the name one more time.…So, think about that.…What if the first name was persisted…and the server gave an error after it was persisted?…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
Up and Running with ECMAScript 6with Eve Porcello1h 18m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.