In this course, Ray Villalobos walks through the process of creating full-featured websites with these technologies. First, find out how to install each package and leverage Node.js features from within Express. Then learn how to build a basic application with templating engines like EJS; create more flexible, modular code with includes and conditional statements; build APIs to manage HTTP requests to add and delete content dynamically; and configure more complex routing. Along the way, Ray implements features like customer feedback forms and real-time live chat, so you can see exactly what Node.js and Express are capable of.
- Handling HTTP requests with Node.js and Express
- Creating and modularizing routes
- Using templates
- Building flexible views
- Creating an API route
- Dealing with POST and DELETE requests
- Creating live chat features with Socket.IO
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hey, this is Ray Villalobos, Senior Staff Author, and I wanna welcome you to a brand new edition of Building Websites with Node and Express.js. In this course, I'm going to show you how to work with Node and Express.js to build a website. I'll start by exploring some of the differences between Node and Express and show you why building websites with Express is much easier. Then, we'll work with routing, one of the best features of Express, to create a website with different pages. I'll show you how to work with templates and EJS, once of the templating engines you can use to create complex pages with Express.
Then I'll show you how to create a simple API to manage different HTTP verbs that let you handle HTTP requests, add and delete content on your page. Finally, I'll show you how to create a simple chat using Express and Socket.io, so that you can learn how you can create real-time, multi-user applications. There's a lot to learn, but that's why you're here, so let's get started with Building a Website with Node and Express.js.