Learn about working with a second relation in MongoDB and how to efficiently fetch multiple records in an API.
- [Instructor] Let's display the list…of names for every contest.…To start with this task, I've…prepared some HTML for us to work with.…I added a section to propose the name.…And also I added a form for the user to propose a new name.…This is all pure static HTML that…you can find inside contest.js…and I've tagged this point in the course as v7.2-begin.…You can find all the initial HTML in this commit.…So the first thing we need.…We need an API endpoint to fetch the list of names…because right now our API only exposes the name IDs.…
So this contest has three names, 103, 104, 105,…and we want to go back to the server…and fetch the information for these names.…So let's first prepare the API endpoint.…Ideally we want to go to an API endpoint…like /api/names…like /api/names…and maybe pass the name IDs here.…Now I don't want to be a pure rest API here…because that would mean that I need to do multiple…round trips to the server to fetch a list of names…so instead I'm just going to assume that the list of names…will be a comma separated list like that.…
- Configuring webpack and Babel
- Working with native Node modules
- Creating an Express server
- Working with React components and JSX
- Loading and working with test mock data
- Fetching data from a remote API
- Working with data in MongoDB
- Isomorphic rendering on the server
- Front-end routing and back-end routing
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
MEAN Stack and MongoDB: Development Techniqueswith Alexander Zanfir1h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Node as a Web Server
3. React Basics
4. Working with Data
5. Rendering on the Server
Fix the checksum problem6m 11s
6. Routing on Client and Server
7. Working with MongoDB
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.