Before watching this course on Adobe XD, you'll need a basic understanding of graphic file types and sharing online.
- [Instructor] Now there are some basic things that you need to know before watching this course, and quite frankly, you should know that this is designing a website using Adobe XD, so you're just designing the site and also prototyping functionality for a site. You're actually not building a fully functional site. In fact, if you wanted to do that you could use a different app. As I click in here under apps there are other apps that can do that, so typically you'd use Dreamweaver or even Muse, but we are using Adobe XD CC, allowing you to design, and prototype, and share as well.
So really what you need to know beyond that are basic file types, JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG files. I talk about these files, but know those file formats since we're going to be using them, and then we're going to be publishing prototypes out to the web, so you should have a basic understanding of URLs, and sending URLs and all that good stuff.
- Using the Adobe XD workspace
- Creating and importing graphics
- Adding text and effects
- Creating multiple screen layouts
- Designing for mobile
- Repeating elements using grids
- Prototyping a single interaction
- Prototyping an entire website
- Making content scroll
- Recording a video of interactions
- Sharing prototypes
- Exporting artboards and assets