See how easy it is to use layers—brand new to Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] Probably, the number one requested feature…in Adobe XD is adding layers.…Because how you typically have to move content…forward and back is by right-clicking it and…bringing it to the front or bringing it forward or…sending backward or to the back.…Well, you don't have to worry about that…cause I'm just going to select on this Title Art…right down here.…Here we have it, the layers panel.…Clicking on that icon, you could see all the various…layers and I can start to select each one of these…and you'll see that they'll highlight…on the art board as well.…
So, I can see Image 1 is this icon and…then Path 16 is that image behind it.…Well, what I can do is I can actually just shift select…both of these, let's see what happens.…Shift select both of those, right click,…and then we can group those together.…And look what happens.…It groups them in the layers panel as well…and I can call this User.…So you could see this Group 9, I can just…double click on that and I can see all these different…items right in here and it actually…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.