Adobe expert Paul Trani will show how to do more freeform drawing using the pen tool in Adobe XD.
- [Voiceover] With Adobe XD you can also draw…in more of a free hand manner if you'd like to…using the Pen tool, right over here.…So, I will select it, and I'm just gonna hit Command,Plus…a couple times, or Control, Plus,…and then, holding down the space bar,…I can kinda come into this area,…'cause I wanna create a nice path.…So with the Pen tool selected, notice how I can click,…and before I click again, notice I get this projected line,…so I know where that next line's gonna go.…Now I'm gonna do a click and drag…and that adds that BZA point with that curve.…
So I could do that a couple times,…just kinda clicking and dragging, right?…Getting these smooth lines coming in…and then clicking one more time just like that.…Once I have my rough line, I can hit Escape,…just like I just did, hit the Escape key,…and now I don't have to worry about…switching to any tool.…This is great.…This is what makes this powerful.…So I could adjust as I roll over…this particular BZA point right here,…I can put that right here.…What about this one right here?…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets