See how to use the Repeat Grid for for elements like profiles.
- [Voiceover] The most typical use of the repeat grid is a…list just like you see here but let's get into…some more creative uses.…In fact, what I wanna do is I wanna use these elements here.…I'm gonna select both of them and I'll hold down…the alt key and I'll just drag it down here.…Right down here for this content screen, that's where I want…that image to be.…This is this person's check-in.…But I wanna go beyond that because I actually want to…create a repeated grid right down here of all the people…that have visited the pyramid.…
I can select both of these objects…and I can, alt to drag down to duplicate it.…And what I wanna do now is I wanna make this…the repeated grid.…I'll shrink it down, go up here and select repeat grid,…just like that.…And I'll expand that out, you can see all of those various…items being repeated and I can decrease…the column gutter width if you will,…bring that just like that.…
So far so good.…Now what I need to do is I need to actually replace this…image with a number of other people,…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets