Learn how to use probably the most powerful feature in Adobe XD: Repeat Grids. Repeat Grids will enable you to create a lot of content easily that's also fully customizable.
- [Voiceover] One thing you typically have to…do a lot in UI design is creating repeated elements,…whether they're lists, or just like menu items,…just repeated elements one after the other.…And I want to show you a super easy way…to do this, because I really need sort of a…bragging list of the Wonders of the World.…So, I'm gonna start out by just drawing out a rectangle,…'cause this is really one of the elements that I want.…And I'll just turn off border,…and I'll just change the color to red.…There's my rectangle, and then what I want to do is…I wanna grab the text tool and type in here,…Wonders of the World.…
So there's my text.…Center it right there, and make sure it is white.…So, this is my element, and I'm just gonna move…this heart off to the side, okay?…Can't forget that it's there, it's kind of hard to see,…but this is the repeated item that I want to repeat.…So what I want to do at this point is I want to select…both elements, just by shift-selecting each,…and then select repeat grid.…What that does is it gives me this green border…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets