See how to import raster/bitmap images into Adobe XD, and see the easiest way to import content with the most flexibility.
- [Voiceover] Using raster or bitmap images…in Adobe XD is pretty easy,…but honestly there's some things…that you need to watch out for…because it really is really powerful.…'Cause typically what you do is,…if you wanna add a background for this screen,…is you go to File, Import and you'll locate…your JPEG, your GIF,…your…SVG,…your PNG file,…in this case if you have access to the exercise files…in your Assets Folder and we're gonna locate this JPEG.…But watch what happens as I bring this in…look at how large it is as I zoom out.…
Even for Everest, it's large.…You can see how big it is and I can scale it down,…yeah, that's fine, but I don't have control…over the proportions in this case.…So what if I wanna make this a landscape,…even though it is a landscape.…Well, I can't adjust the proportions,…so I'm gonna do you one better than just importing items.…If I want something to be a certain size,…I encourage you to just use the rectangle tool…and since I want this as my background,…dragging that out just like that…and in this case, I'm gonna turn off the border…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets