Join Demian Borba for an in-depth discussion in this video Gather feedback and iterate, part of Developing a Design System with Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] XD was created to help you learn fast to succeed sooner. So the sooner you learn, the cheaper it is. So let's see how you can get feedback from stakeholders in order to iterate on your design. With XD, remember, you can have your low fidelity designs, you can have your high fidelity designs, you can then jump to prototyping if you have interactions in a mobile app or website design. Then you can share as a link to get feedback from people, go back to your design, and make all the necessary changes.
So as you remember, we created a link that's here for anyone, for any stakeholder to provide feedback. And let's say I'm a stakeholder and I want to tell you that I prefer the old pink. I can add a pin to my art board saying, "Okay, I prefer the old pink instead of this blue." And I also prefer the type, the old type.
And I can pin that to the title. Wonderful. So now let's react to the feedback. So now I can go back to my design. I can say, okay, for that pink, I need to copy the hex code and go back to all the instances. So, select the blue there. Right-click, Edit. And then paste it right here and hit Enter. And now all the instances where I had blue are now pink. Isn't that cool? Imagine if you had to go one by one and change it all.
So again, I can also do that with text. So I can select this guy right here and I say this is my old type, and I can also do this one for the title. Actually, it's this one. So, I can go plus to create that and select this. And boom. Perfect. Now that I have reacted, I can go back to my share online button. Share again. Update the existing link.
Now all the changes are going out to the cloud, and if I go to my browser now and refresh, you can see that the pink is there, the type is there, and I can then resolve this comments so they're not displayed anymore. So I can have whole threads here of feedback. Wonderful. So this is how you share your work to get feedback and iterate.
- Managing your project
- Managing typography and colors
- Pattern library with symbols
- Creating a CC Library in Photoshop
- Consuming colors and character styles
- Using linked and unlinked bitmaps
- Exporting assets
- Gathering feedback