Learn how to edit symbols and when to use them in Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] Symbols are powerful in that I just need…to change content in one place and then it will change…everywhere, so they're great for that reason.…There's a couple instances where maybe you don't want to…use a symbol, in fact I'm going to take this symbol right here…and by holding down the ALT key I'll just drag it over.…See it duplicates it.…'Cause I maybe want to use my symbol in place of this one…right, well one thing you can't do is you can't re-size it.…You can't even like potentially group it…and then try to re-size it, it just doesn't work,…so let's undo that.…
And a way to get around that is just to right click…and Ungroup Symbols, so this will break that link to…the the symbol making it like a shape that we're used to.…And here lets shrink it down, sort of drop it in place…like I'm doing right now.…Okay so that's all you need to do is break that link…and over here as well, so I actually have these two…buttons and they're both inside of a symbol.…But what I can't do is I can't go into prototype mode…
- Drawing and importing shapes and graphics
- Using the new color tools
- Editing area text
- Using layers
- Creating and editing symbols
- Previewing on a device
- Previewing in a browser and adding comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating and importing; using layout grids and UI resources; working with assets; prototyping; and reviewing and exporting.